Lice Ice™ is a doctor recommended, powerful, effective and safe head lice treatment that is proven to both get rid of and help prevent head lice. When used as directed, our natural lice treatment will smother the lice, help release nits and help protect against re-infestation.
- Apply the Lice Ice natural gel directly from the tube to DRY hair.
- Massage well down to the roots and scalp, making sure you completely cover the entire head, paying special attention to the back of the neck and behind the ears.
- Allow the hair to air dry. Do not cover hair. Do not pull back into ponytail or a bun.
- Leave Lice Ice on the hair and scalp for up to 15 hours or overnight, allowing to dry completely. If used properly, Lice Ice will smother and kill all adult lice and nits should be effectively destroyed.
- Wash hair with regular shampoo.
If the directions of the Lice Ice tube are followed, the adult lice should be completely washed out after treatment and shampooing. Any remaining residue and nits can be combed out easily with a lice comb when the hair is dry.
Lice Ice is powerful because it works in two ways:
- First, the special non-toxic ingredients in Lice Ice begin to repel the lice as soon as the gel is applied.
- Second, the gel hardens and smothers all the remaining adult lice and their nits (eggs) that remain on the hair and scalp.
Lice Ice will get rid of head lice in one application!
Head lice remedy – product use instructions (Lice-Ice-Instructions.pdf) 296KB
Lice Ice Instruciones en Español (Lice-Ice-Instruciones.pdf) 340KB
Lice Ice requires little to no combing. Use every day as a head lice preventative!
- Use in place of styling gel or dilute 1/2 cup Lice Ice in 2 cups water.
- Place in spray bottle and shake well.
- Lice Ice must always be used on dry hair as a treatment. May be used on wet or dry hair as a preventative.
- Apply daily while threat of lice remains!
After treatment, thoroughly check hair. Divide into 4 sections, pinning each section to the scalp. Unroll one section at a time, inspect and re-roll before starting the next section. Once entire head has been checked, use Lice Ice as a daily preventative.
It is equally important to thoroughly clean the living environment once you have applied Lice Ice. Decontamination of mattresses, hair accessories and other items are important to control re-infestation.
- Vacuum the bare mattress with a strong vacuum, paying particular attention to the edging with a crevice tool is important to prevent re-infestation.
- Place bed pillows and stuffed animals in a garbage bag and then in your freezer for 2-3 days will effectively destroy any lice or eggs.
- Vacuum all furniture and cars. Pay attention to where the head rests and baby car seats. Fumigation is not necessary if thoroughly cleaned
- Inspect any head coverings including sporting helmets, hair accessories, brushes and combs. Lice Ice diluted solution may be sprayed on items that come into contact with the head.
- Tell children not to share personal items!
- Wash bedding in hot water
- Throw away vacuum bags in an OUTSIDE garbage can!